The Loss Prevention Foundation is pleased to sponsor LPQ Course scholarships to students in good academic standing with a desire for a career in loss prevention.
Eligible Student Applicants Must:
- Be a full-time college student with at least a junior standing and have completed at least 60 credits at the beginning of the upcoming academic year.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Interested in a career in retail loss prevention.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent if college or university uses a higher scale (at the time of the application).
Students Applicants are Expected to:
- Submit an essay - limited to two (2) pages, minimum of 500 words, typed or legibly printed, responding with one paragraph per application question.
- Submit a total of 3 letters of endorsement, distributed as requested on application.
- Submit a resume(one page limit).
- Must complete our Scholarship Application (signed and dated). Download Application Here!
- Application is open to juniors and above, as well as second-semester sophomores conditional upon meeting all the above eligibility requirements.
- Scholarship applicants and award recipients in any one year are eligible to apply for a scholarship award in subsequent years.
- Scholarships will be open to all students meeting eligibility requirements on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, creed, religion, age or sex of applicant and without limitation due to location of college or university.
- Applications are accepted year-round. The completed application and supporting documents must be mailed together in one package:
- Official Transcripts may be mailed separately to LPF. Fulfillment of requests for an official transcript can take up to 2 to 3 weeks; therefore prompt action by applicant is suggested.
- A Recommendation Letter will be accepted if mailed separately, as long as it is in a sealed envelope from the individual writing the recommendation.
- Incomplete scholarship application packets will not be considered. All required materials must be typed or legibly printed.
- All materials submitted are the property of LPF and will not be returned.
Selection of the Scholarship Recipients
- Completed scholarship application packets will be reviewed by the LPF at any time they are received at the submission address below.
- Selection will be based solely on the information contained in the application and supporting documentation.
- Upon receipt of the LPQ scholarship, the student has one year to complete the courseware.
- All applicants will be notified of scholarship results in writing after an application has be throughly reviewed by the LPF scholarship committee. This process may take place over the course of 4 to 6 weeks after receiving your submission.
- An award recipient who transfers schools during the year for which the LPQ is awarded will retain the award as long as he/she continues to meet the stated eligibility requirements.
- Scholarship recipients must continue in school full time during the academic year for which the award is made and continue in school without interruption, barring leaving the college/university due to illness, emergency, or military service.
Payment of Scholarship
- The scholarship will be made in the form of issuing an “LPQ registration tag” number to the college/university to forward to the student. The college/university will then forward the “LPQ registration tag number to the student.
- Upon receipt of the LPQ registration tag number from the university, the student must complete the on line certification registration within 14 days. Click here to go registration page!
Change of Status
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify LPF of any change in college/university status, present and/or permanent mailing address etc. Please
mail or telephone change of address &/or change of status to:
The Loss Prevention Foundation: Scholarship Committee
700 Matthews Mint Hill Road, Suite C
Matthews, NC 28105