The purpose of this committee is to develop and implement a comprehensive program to assist veterans and soon to be separated active duty military personnel in gaining civilian employment in the retail industry Loss Prevention/Asset Protection field. The LPQualified (LPQ) and LPCertified (LPC) certification programs, upon completion, are designed to provide a fundamental level of industry knowledge to the potential military candidate. This committee works closely with the job candidate and the retailer.
- For the candidate, the committee works to:
- solicit and find ideal former military applicants
- educate, prepare and transition them for the available higher end positions
- match them with key hiring retailers
- get them their guaranteed first interview with the participating retailers
- For the retailer, the committee works to:
- forward applicant resumes on
- educate and grow retailers who promise a guaranteed interview
- do interview follow up with the participating retailers
- continuously improve the "Hire-A-Vet Program"
If you (as applicant or retailer) are interested in learning more about our "Hire-A-Vet Program", please click here. If you already know enough and want to participate, please fill out our enrollment form.
- John Clark, Director, Corporate Asset Protection, Sports Authority, (Chair)
- Stacie Bearden, Director - Asset Protection Field Operations, The Home Depot
- Joe Box, CFE, Director of Loss Prevention and Safety, Navy Exchange
- Brand Elverston, Director, Asset Protection Strategic Initiatives, Walmart, Inc.
- Wayne Getz, LPC, CFI, Sr. Market Asset Protection Manager, Best Buy, Inc.
- Aaron Henderson, CFI, Director Loss Prevention, Penske Logistics
- Timothy Kneidel, Senior Regional Loss Prevention Manager, CVS Health
- Rick Koloski, VP Loss Prevention, Army Air Force Exchange Service
- Kevin Lynch, LPC Executive Dir, Business Dev., Tyco Integrated Security
- Scott McBride, VP - Global Loss Prevention, Safety & Security, American Eagle
- Jeff McPike, CFI, Director of Operations, Labor and Process, Nike North America, Inc.
- Jim Palmer, Chief Security Officer and Director of LP, U.S. Coast Guard Community Services Command
- David Phillips, LPC, Operations Manager, The Loss Prevention Foundation
- Rocco Prate, Regional Loss Prevention Manager, Wendy's Arby's Group
- Brandi Priest, Consultant, Texas LPF Chapter
- Shelley Talley, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps Asset Protection
- Ray Tober, Executive Director, Veteran's Canteen Services